Simple steps save water
Here is a selection of simple tips taken from The Ripple Effect that show just how easy it can be to reduce the amount of water you use. You can read the full 10 over in the Ripple Effect section.
- Fix leaks: a dripping faucet can waste more than 10 gallons of water a day
- Replace old wasteful toilets, showerheads, and washers with efficient new ones
- Recycle leftover water from your drinking glass or canteen by pouring it on plants
- Be careful what you pour down the drain or toilet, and don’t use anti-bacterial soap
- Avoid spraying the herbicide Atrazine on your lawn